Monday, October 17, 2016

Video Marketing How-To: Creating Transparent Overlays for Videos

Hello, and welcome to another episode of Video Marketing How-To! Today I want to quickly show you how to create transparent overlays for your videos, like name keys, company logos, or any other static imagery you want to include in your video.

First, I take a screenshot of the scene I’m going to use the overlay on. This helps me understand where the overlay will fit into the larger scene.

Then I import that into my image editing tool. I use a cheap but powerful program called Pixelmator, but you can use Photoshop, GIMP, or any other image editing tool that allows you to create PNG images with transparent backgrounds.

I create my image as a layer, line it up where I want it to sit, and get rid of all the other layers so I have just the image and a transparent background. I export this as a transparent PNG.

From here, I add it as a media item to iMovie, and add it to the scene I want. iMovie will automatically apply the Ken Burns effect, so you’ll just need to remove this, and select Crop to Fill instead. If you’ve got the aspect ratio set up properly, then final touches will just be a matter of setting how long you want the image to run for, and clicking play.

And that’s it! There are many ways to create transparent overlays for your videos, but that’s just how I do it. It’s fast, and it makes use of the software products I already have. I hope you found this tip useful, and learn how we make fun transitions for your videos like the ones we use in our Meet the Team series!

The post Video Marketing How-To: Creating Transparent Overlays for Videos appeared first on Vidyard.



from Vidyard http://ift.tt/2dIG7sW
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment