Thursday, August 25, 2016

Meet the Vidyard Team, Video Style: Garth Newton

Meet the Team is our monthly chance to introduce you to the fabulous, quirky, talented people that work at Vidyard, using our favorite medium — video! For this episode, we caught up with Garth Newton, one of the QA Engineers at Vidyard. Wondering how to improve your baseball game? What the precipitation percentage means on the weather report? Well, you’ll need to watch the video then:

What Didn’t Make the Cut:

Garth had way more to say than just his unique take on burgers and baseball, so here are a few other facts about Garth:

Who is the biggest influence in our professional life?

Day to day, the easy answer is just the developers that I’m working with. I have a very high level of interaction with them, they teach me everything I know, and I do my best to teach them as well. But if I’m going to name a specific person, I’m going to have to go way back into the annals of time, and pull out one person whose name is Gary Klassen. He’s something of a local celebrity in the tech world out of the Blackberry camp as their former Principal Architect. He and I worked together on the very first Blackberry Messenger, and really taught me a lot about how I want to interact with developers. He taught me to make sure that we’re getting good ideas well before the customer sees it so we’re making good things and we’re making good things really, really well. Mr. Klassen, this one goes out to you!

What’s your favorite video on the internet right now?

I cheated and saw these questions before hand, and I kind of cheated again because I don’t have just one favorite video. I actually use video on the internet as a form of entertainment and information gathering, so I watch a lot of Netflix and a lot of MLB.tv as I’m a huge baseball fan. So day-to-day my favorite video is probably the one I just watched and was entertained or informed by. It’s really hard to narrow it down to any one.

And here’s how to find Bobby O’Brien’s in case you want to sample the burgers:

I’m partial to the Cajun Spice one myself.

The post Meet the Vidyard Team, Video Style: Garth Newton appeared first on Vidyard Video Intelligence Platform.



from Vidyard Video Intelligence Platform http://ift.tt/2bzLwV0
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment