Thursday, September 22, 2016

Meet the Vidyard Team, Video Style: Katie Nielsen

Meet the Team is our monthly chance to introduce you to the fabulous, quirky, talented people that work at Vidyard, using our favorite medium — video! For this episode, we caught up with Katie Nielsen, Technical Writer here at Vidyard. Discover why her dad is the biggest influence on her professional life, and see the funniest dog impression we’ve ever caught on camera:

What Didn’t Make the Cut

Katie had lots more to say than just doing the bow-wow-wow, so here are a few other fun facts about her:

What brought you to Vidyard?
I heard about the job at Vidyard from my dad. He sent me the listing. I think he knew Vidyard’s reputation, and thought “this is your crew.” So I looked around the website and got a really strong sense of the community and the vibe of Vidyard, so I applied. When I came in for the interview, the culture of the place shone through, and I thought “this is a magical place. I want to be here for a long time.”

That’s what attracted me to the job, and it’s also a place with a lot of flexibility, and creativity, which is something that is not always easy to find in technical writing.

What is your favorite video on the internet?
It’s difficult to choose just one favorite video on the internet, as there are many of them. However, the one video series that never disappoints me is anything by Key & Peele. I will sit for hours and watch their clips on YouTube and have lost several weekends to their entertainment. I like using funny videos to relax, so I’ll put on a video on my laptop while I’m folding laundry or doing dishes or something mundane. It just makes the chores a little more bearable, so thank you Key & Peele you have made me laugh!

What is your favorite place to eat in Kitchener, and what do you love to eat there?
My go-to hangout spot in Kitchener is The Bent Elbow. It’s up on Weber st. And I love it because when you first look at it, it’s just in some plaza next to a dispensary and a tax service, so you don’t think anything of it. But when you go inside it’s this famous local place! All the food is made by hand, they have like 37 or so beers on tap, and the best thing about it is they have so many beers on tap that you can try something new every time. Even if you’re really into craft beer they will always have something you have never heard of, so there’s always an opportunity try something new and interesting. The food is fantastic because they make it all in house, and I would recommend their beer ketchup and fries because it’s delicious!

And as a bonus, here’s some pictures of Katie’s adorable dog, Toady:

img-20151110-wa0006 fb_img_1469018529949 fb_img_1469018668640 fb_img_1469018571278

The post Meet the Vidyard Team, Video Style: Katie Nielsen appeared first on Vidyard.



from Vidyard http://ift.tt/2d6QPh9
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment